Digital Art Club(“DAC”) respects your right to privacy. This Privacy Notice explains who weare, how we collect, share and use personal information about you, and how youcan exercise your privacy rights. This Privacy Notice only applies to personalinformation that we collect through our website at https://www.digitalartclub.io Ifyou have any questions or concerns about our use of your personal information,then please contact us using the contact details provided at the bottom of thisPrivacy Notice.
What personal information does DAC collect and why?
The personal information that we may collect about you broadly falls into thefollowing categories:
● Information that you provide voluntarily.
Certain parts of our Website may ask you to provide personal informationvoluntarily: for example, we may ask you to provide your contact details inorder to register an account with us, to subscribe to marketing communicationsfrom us, and/or to submit enquiries to us. The personal information that youare asked to provide, and the reasons why you are asked to provide it, will bemade clear to you at the point we ask you to provide your personal information.
● Information that we collect automatically.
When you visit our Website, we may collect certain informationautomatically from your device. In some countries, including countries inthe European Economic Area, this information may be considered personalinformation under applicable data protection laws. Specifically, theinformation we collect automatically may include information like your IPaddress, device type, unique device identification numbers, browser-type, broadgeographic location (e.g. country or city-level location) and other technicalinformation. We may also collect information about how your device hasinteracted with our Website, including the pages accessed and links clicked. Collecting this information enables us to better understand the visitorswho come to our Website, where they come from, and what content on our Websiteis of interest to them. We use this information for our internalanalytics purposes and to improve the quality and relevance of our Website toour visitors. Some of this information may be collected using cookies andsimilar tracking technology, as explained further under the heading “Cookiesand similar tracking technology”
● Information that we obtain from third party sources.
From time to time, we may receive personal information about you fromthird party sources, but only where we have checked that these third partieseither have your consent or are otherwise legally permitted or required todisclose your personal information to us. In general, we will use thepersonal information we collect from you only for the purposes described inthis Privacy Notice or for purposes that we explain to you at the time wecollect your personal information. However, we may also use your personal informationfor other purposes that are not incompatible with the purposes we havedisclosed to you (such as archiving purposes in the public interest, scientificor historical research purposes, or statistical purposes) if and where this ispermitted by applicable data protection laws.
Who does Digital Art Club share my personal information with?
We may disclose your personal information to the following categories ofrecipients:
● To third party services providers and partners who provide data processingservices to us (for example, to support the delivery of, provide functionalityon, or help to enhance the security of our Website), or who otherwise processpersonal information for purposes that are described in this Privacy Notice ornotified to you when we collect your personal information;
● To any competent law enforcement body, regulatory, government agency, courtor another third party where we believe disclosure is necessary (i) as a matterof applicable law or regulation, (ii) to exercise, establish or defend ourlegal rights, or (iii) to protect your vital interests or those of any otherperson;
● To an actual or potential buyer (and its agents and advisers) in connectionwith any actual or proposed purchase, merger or acquisition of any part of ourbusiness, provided that we inform the buyer it must use your personalinformation only for the purposes disclosed in this Privacy Notice;
● To any other person with your consent to the disclosure. Legal basis forprocessing personal information (EEA visitors only)If you are a visitor fromthe European Economic Area, our legal basis for collecting and using thepersonal information described above will depend on the personal informationconcerned and the specific context in which we collect it. However, wewill normally collect personal information from you only
(i) where we need the personal information to perform a contract with you,
(ii) where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden byyour rights, or
(iii) where we have your consent to do so. In some cases, we may alsohave a legal obligation to collect personal information from you or mayotherwise need the personal information to protect your vital interests orthose of another person.
If we ask you to provide personal information to comply with a legalrequirement or to perform a contract with you, we will make this clear at therelevant time and advise you whether the provision of your personal informationis mandatory or not (as well as of the possible consequences if you do notprovide your personal information). If we collect and use your personalinformation in reliance on our legitimate interests (or those of any thirdparty), [this interest will normally be to operate our platform and communicatewith you as necessary to provide our services to you and for our legitimatecommercial interest, for instance, when responding to your queries, improvingour platform, undertaking marketing, or for the purposes of detecting orpreventing illegal activities. We may have other legitimate interests and ifappropriate] we will make clear to you at the relevant time what thoselegitimate interests are. If you have questions about or need furtherinformation concerning the legal basis on which we collect and use your personalinformation, please contact us using the contact details provided under theheading below.
How does Digital Art Club keep my personal information secure?
We use appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect thepersonal information that we collect and process about you. The measures we useare designed to provide a level of security appropriate to the risk ofprocessing your personal information. Specific measures we use includeencrypting your personal information in transit and at rest. International datatransfers Your personal information may be transferred to and processed in,countries other than the country in which you are resident. These countries mayhave data protection laws that are different to the laws of your country and,in some cases, may not be as protective. Specifically, our Website servers arelocated in the United Kingdom, and our third-party service providers andpartners operate around the world. This means that when we collect yourpersonal information we may process it in any of these countries. However, wehave taken appropriate safeguards to require that your personal informationwill remain protected in accordance with this Privacy Notice. Data retention weretain personal information we collect from you where we have an ongoinglegitimate business need to do so (for example, to provide you with a serviceyou have requested or to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements). When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personalinformation, we will either delete or anonymise it or, if this is not possible(for example, because your personal information has been stored in backuparchives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate itfrom any further processing until deletion is possible.
Your data protection rights If you are a resident of the European EconomicArea, you have the following data protection rights:
● If you wish to access, correct, update or request deletion of your personalinformation, you can do so at any time by contacting us using the contactdetails provided under the “Contact us” heading below.
● In addition, you can object to the processing of your personal information,ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information or request theportability of your personal information. Again, you can exercise these rightsby contacting us using the contact details provided under the “How to contactus” heading below.
● You have the right to opt-out of marketing communications we send you at anytime. You can exercise this right by clicking on the “unsubscribe” or“opt-out” link in the marketing e-mails we send you. To opt-out of otherforms of marketing (such as postal marketing or telemarketing), then pleasecontact us using the contact details provided under the “Contact us” headingbelow.
● Similarly, if we have collected and processed your personal information withyour consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawingyour consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conductedprior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect the processing of your personalinformation conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other thanconsent.
● You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about ourcollection and use of your personal information. For more information,please contact your local data protection authority. We respond to all requestswe receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights inaccordance with applicable data protection laws. Updates to this Privacy Noticewe may update this Privacy Notice from time to time in response to changinglegal, technical or business developments. When we update our Privacy Notice,we will take appropriate measures to inform you, consistent with thesignificance of the changes we make. We will obtain your consent to anymaterial Privacy Notice changes if and where this is required by applicabledata protection laws. You can see when this Privacy Notice was last updated bychecking the “last updated” date displayed at the top of this Privacy Notice.
How to contact us If you have any questions or concerns about our use of yourpersonal information, please contact us using the following details: email@example.comLast updated: 24/04/2022